Companions of the Firmament is a roleplaying game 144+ page book that is compatible with the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game by Paizo Publishing. CotF is meant as a supplement for both game masters and players that focuses on creating adventures and characters that involve flying.
A brief rundown of some of the material included:
- The Wyrm Rider archetype for Cavaliers to have a customized domesticated dragon as their companion
- The Sky Pilgrim archetype for Monks that focus on utilizing the element of air for exploration, offense and defense
- A printable “creature sheet” that has 20 pictures of a variety of mounts which you can cut out, mount on thick card/wood/plastic and use on a battle grid with miniatures to easily represent being mounted
- Expanded list of flying companions for Druids and Rangers
- Animal Companion structured for creatures such as the Pegasus, Griffon, and Giant Eagle
- Domesticated flying mounts and pets designed and scaled for any character regardless of class
- Gear specific for use in flight
- Elaboration and extended rules to cover where the existing ruleset falls silent in regard to flying
- Modular flying rules that fit the needs of the scene, adventure or playstyle of the group
- Creature sheets that includes all of the information for how it performs in flight on a single sheet of paper
- Advice and optional rules for dealing with flight in campaigns at any level and playstyles
- Consolidation of the exiting Pathfinder Roleplaying Game rules that pertain to flying so that everything is in one location for ease of reference.